Voter ID Name Change Online In Himachal Pradesh:
India has a number of political parties vying for a seat in the country and each party will try its best to gain the maximum number of votes. There are times when methods that are un savory are used, compromising the integrity of elections. One of methods through which this was done was to procure fake Voter ID cards and use this to get multiple illegal votes. Additionally, a Voter ID would be used multiple times as well. In order to curb these illicit activities and to preserve the sanctity of democracy, stringent measures have been placed when it comes to issuing Voter ID/EPIC cards.
One of the most important documents that can be procured by the individual is a Voter ID as this document not only allows an individual to exercise his or her right to vote, but also acts as a proof of address and identity. Applicants can apply for their Voter ID online or offline. If they wish to apply online, they can visit the website of the Chief Electoral Officer in their area and procure the forms.
The relevant form will have to be filled and submitted along with the respective documents. In case individuals wish to apply offline, they will have to visit the Electoral Registration Office and procure the forms from there, fill and submit them along with the relevant documents. It is imperative for individuals to have their identity documents with themselves as verification cannot be complete without the same.
Voter ID Address Change Online In Himachal Pradesh:-
One can send an SMS and track their Voter ID application online easily. The applicant has to send the following message to the electoral officer: “EPIC<space>Your Voter ID Application Number
Voting, or exercising one’s franchise is a fundamental duty given to every Indian citizen. Voting empowers the country’s citizens to elect leaders of their choosing to govern the country and enact policies. Voting allows everyone to participate in the process of governing a country and can be used to bring about a populist change in government and impacts every aspect of a country.
All Indian citizens above the age of 18 years are eligible to vote and contest elections at the state as well as central level, as also for local government bodies. However all those who wish to participate in the electoral process are required to register for the process and provide proof of their eligibility, in the form of a voter’s ID card.
A voter’s ID card is issued to individuals if they fulfil the criteria as laid down by the laws governing the election process.
Election commissioners, who are responsible for conducting a smooth election process, have made it easier for citizens to apply for voter ID cards or make changes in their cards.
Assam, being one of the largest states in the strategic north eastern region of India, has also made it easier and more convenient for its residents to register for the electoral process, as explained below.
To facilitate a faster and smoother registration process, the Chief Election Officer of Assam has introduced online applications for voter ID cards. This process makes it convenient for applicants to register wherever they are, at their convenience. They no longer have to wait in long queues for application forms or verification processes, and can also track the status of their application online.
If you have received your voter ID card and it contains errors such as misspelled name or incorrect details with regard to any of the information mentioned, you can correct the errors. It is important that you do this as the voter ID card is issued by the government and the information contained in it is assumed to be correct.
Steps to make corrections in your voter ID card easier (the Assam Election Commission has introduced an online application process), which is mentioned below
- Go to the official website of the Assam Chief Election Officer and click on the “Download Forms” tab.
- Select “Form 8”, which is the application form for correction of details in voter’s ID card.
- Download and print the form and fill in the details as requested, taking care to provide the information you wish to change/correct in your voter’s ID card.
- In the case of change of name, you will have to attach proof of your name change, such as a passport or official government gazette copy along with the application form.
- Submit the form and supporting documents to the nearest electoral office, where you will receive an acknowledgment.
- After your application has been verified, you will receive an updated voter ID card through the post or by collecting it personally from the electoral office.
- Visit the website of the Chief Election Office of Himachal Pradesh , where you find a “Download Forms” tab to the left of your screen.
- Click on the link and select the form you require. For enrolment of new voters, click on Form 6.
- Choose your language preference (from English, Bengali and Assamese).
- Print the form and fill in the details requested.
- Once you have done so, attach the documents required, such as proof of age and address as well as a passport sized photograph.
- Submit the form either by post or in person to the nearest election office.
- You will receive an application number, which can be used to track the status of your application.
- After submission of the form, a Booth Level Officer (BLO) will visit your home to verify the details provided in the form.
Applicants can visit the official website of the Chief Election Officer of Assam, which contains information and guidelines for all upcoming elections as well as registration and application processes.
Follow the given steps to register for a voter’s ID card in Assam:
After successful verification of your details, you will receive your voter’s ID card through the post at the address mentioned in your application form or you can collect it in person from the election office.
voter id name change form no 8 himachal pradesh voter id card correction online form no 8 himachal pradesh voter id card address change online himachal pradesh voter id card date of birth change online himachal pradesh