Voter Id Card Helpline Number Assam:
One of the biggest pillars of a democratic government is the system of voting without which democracy as a concept will not exist. All citizens of India above the age of 18 can vote and this is their fundamental right. However, in order to vote, apart from being eligible to do so, they must also have a Voter ID. A Voter ID is a legal document issued by the Election Commission of India and primarily serves as identity proof while casting votes. This document can also be used for other purposes such as address proof as well. All Indian citizens above the age of 18 can procure this document.
Voter ID is also known as Electoral Photo ID Card or EPIC in short. Customers can apply for the same either online or offline. There are, however, exceptions with respect to people who are allowed to vote. Mentally unstable and bankrupt citizens of the country will not be allowed to vote. Also, if individuals change their residential address and there is change in constituency, then the previous Voter ID will be void and new one will have to be procured. This article elaborates on the various steps that need to be taken in order to procure a Voter ID in the state of Punjab.
Voter IDs were generally black and white, laminated and contained details of the individual’s Name, Age, Address, a photograph, a stamped signature of the authority issuing it, hologram sticker and a serial number. However, today, colour IDs are also available for individuals
Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
To get your Voter ID details, you can send the following SMS to 7738299899.
- CEOPJBvoter ID number
Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
In case individuals have damaged or lost their Voter ID, they can apply for a duplicate Voter ID by following the steps mentioned below –
- Individuals will have to first visit their local police station and file a police complaint as an FIR is necessary in order to procure a duplicate Voter ID.
- Necessary details such as Voter ID number, Name, Address and so on will have to be provided.
- Individuals will then have to avail Form 002 which is available on the website of the Election Commission of India and ill in the required details.
- Individuals will also have to deposit Rs. 25.
- Address and Identity proof must also be given along with Form 002.
- The above documents must be given to the closest Election Commission Office which will then be reviewed and a new Voter ID will be sent directly to the applicants.
- In case individuals wish to correct certain details mentioned in their Voter ID such as name, sex and so on, they will have to download Form 8 from the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer of Punjab.
- This form will have to be filled and relevant details and proofs will have to be provided. For eg., if there is a mistake in the name of the individual then apart from mentioning the detail to be corrected, he/she must also provide proof such as 10th Std Marks card or Passport.
- This form must then submitted to the nearest Election Commission Office. Once documents have been verified, individuals will receive their corrected Voter ID.
- In case individuals do not wish to take the online route, then they can apply for a correction offline as well. They will have to procure Form 8, fill it and provide necessary KYC details along with a passport size photograph taken against a white background.
- The above must be submitted to the nearest Election Commission Office post which verification will be done and the corrected Voter ID will be sent to the applicant.