Track Voter ID status in Karnataka:
One of the most important aspects of democracy is the participation of citizens in the Government. India is the largest democracy in the world and has the most number of voters when compared to other countries. Voting is not only the right of every citizen but is also their duty. But, given a country as populous as India, conducting an election is never an easy task. During elections, there have been instances of malpractices and vote rigging. Hence, to make things easier for citizens and to ensure the essence of democracy is maintained, the Government of India introduced Voter ID cards. These cards act as an identification for all eligible voters and is issued by the Election Commission of India. Though the main purpose of voter ID card is to prevent frauds during election and to improve accuracy, they also act as identification proof for other purposes.
In Karnataka, citizens can easily apply for inclusion in electoral roll and deletion or modification online through the Chief Electoral Officer of Karnataka. With over 225 assembly constituencies and 28 parliamentary constituencies, elections in Karnataka are conducted in accordance in Constitution of India. Citizens can apply for a Voter ID card online in Karnataka easily and exercise their duty during elections.
How to track status in Karnataka
Tracking Voter ID Status Online
To check your status online, visit the Karnataka CEO website
You can check your status using the following information:
- Select your district
- Enter your phone number
- Click on “Search” to generate your results
Tracking Voter ID status via SMS
To check if your name has been included in the Electoral Roll, you can send the following SMS.
- KAEPICVoter Card No to 9243355223 .
Calling on the Dedicated ECI Helpline Number
You can call the ECI Helpline number 1950 toll free. The helpline is available on all working days between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
How to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID in Karnataka
In case you have lost your Voter ID card or it has been stolen, you must immediately file a complaint and get a new one lest your card might be misused.
The steps given below elucidate the procedure of getting a duplicate Voter ID in Karnataka:
- Once you have found that your Voter ID card has been lost or stolen, you must immediately file a complaint at the nearest police station and have to file a FIR.
- At the police station, you will have to submit a letter mentioning the loss of card with details like the name on Voter ID, date of loss, place of loss and Voter ID card number.
- After the FIR has been filed, you have to secure the Form 002 issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) which will help you get a duplicate Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC).
- With the Form 002, you will also have to submit KYC documents like address proof and identity proof. All documents must be submitted at the nearest Election Commission Office.
- The application for duplicate Voter ID will be reviewed and if found genuine, the duplicate Voter ID card will be issued and sent to your residence.
voter id card status online check karnataka voter card application status karnataka track my voter id card status karnataka check election card status online karnataka ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in