Voter Card Name Change Online In Bihar:
Steps for Voter ID Card Correction
Individuals who find that their voter ID card has incorrect information pertaining to their name can get it changed online by following a simple procedure, as highlighted below:
- Log onto the official website dedicated to providing services to voters, the National Voters Services Portal by clicking here. http://www.nvsp.in
- Navigate to the section titled “Correction of entries in electoral roll” and click on it.
- A new page opens up. Click on “Form 8” in the page.
- This will direct you to the actual page wherein you can request for voter card correction.
- Enter the following details in the form.
- State and Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency to which you belong.
- Name, part number of electoral roll, serial number, gender, and age.
- Provide details about your family, including the name of your father/mother/husband.
- Enter your complete address.
- If you have a card which has been issued, provide details like the card number, date when it was issued, the state where it was issued, and the constituency it was issued for.
- Once these details are entered you will have to upload documents which support them. These include your latest photograph, a valid ID and address proof.
- Next, choose the details which need to be corrected/changed. In this particular case you will have to click on the tab which says “My Name” in order to ensure that the procedure changes only the name in your voter ID.
- Enter the place you are making a request from (city).
- Mention the date on which this request to correct the name in your voter ID is being made.
- Provide your contact information (mobile number, email ID).
- Verify the information provided by you and click the “Submit” tab.
The ECI will verify the information and incorporate the relevant changes if all information is accurate.
Online Process to Change or Correct Name in Voter ID Card
The Election Commission of India has introduced an online application process to change or edit names in a voter’s ID card. The process is listed below:
- Visit the website of the Chief Election Officer for your state, where you will find online forms.
- Fill in Form 8, the form for application to change name in the electoral roll.
- Once you have filled in the form, upload the documents required- for change of name, upload official proof such as copy of the government gazette.
- For correction of name, upload a document where the name is spelled correctly, such as passport, PAN card or any official document.
- Submit the form and documents online.
- A reference number will be generated, through which you can track the status of your application online.
- Once submitted, your application will be processed and information verified by the electoral authorities.
- If the verification is successful, you will receive a notification and you can collect the voter ID card from the nearest electoral office.
Form for Change or Correction of Name in Voter ID card
You can change or correct your name as mentioned in your voter’s ID card by submitting an application form and supporting documents.
The form to be submitted is Form 8, which can be downloaded from the Chief Electoral Officer for your state’s website. It is also available at all electoral offices in the country.
You can also fill and submit the form online, which is available on the website of the Chief Electoral Officer for your state/Union Territory.
You will have to provide information such as your name and contact details, your voter ID card number, constituency details as well as the documents mentioning the changed or corrected name.
Voter Id Card Customer Care Number Bihar: 1950.
Voter Id Card Customer Serrvice Number : 1800-111-400. ( Toll Free )
Voter Id card Helpline Link: eci.nic.in/eci_main1/Links.aspx ( State Wise )
Voter Id Card Complaint Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Voter Id Correction Form Available Web Page Link : http://ceobihar.nic.in/forms.html
Bihar Election Card Official Web Page Link : http://ceobihar.nic.in/
voter id card correction bihar voter id card detail correction bihar voter id name correction bihar election card correction bihar voter id card address change bihar voter id surname change bihar