Voter card apply online in Delhi:
Right to choose our body of governance by voting – this ground-breaking piece of legislation was a milestone in the long struggle for civil rights and a momentous step forward in the progression of our democracy.
We call ourselves the citizens of India. But can we really, considering our flippant attitude towards voting and rejoicing on Election Day because it is another holiday? Casting your vote is a right as well as responsibility. Then why do we hold ourselves back? And what is the reason for this apathy? It could be lack of awareness, ‘having no time’ or simply a sense of detachment. Calling it selfishness would be harsh though.
The right to vote was one of the greatest triumphs of the centuries long freedom fight. Now, as then, amendments happens when masses demand it; in the poll booth, out on the streets in nonviolent protests etc. Citizens should remind themselves of what is been accomplished in the bygone times, and resolve to do equally if not more for the country in future.
Nevertheless, as a free and democratic nation, it is quite imperative that you exercise this right and the first step to that is applying to get a Voter ID Card, if you have not already. Though the procedure to get one is not drastically different from state to state, there are slight variations here and there. Let us check out how you can go about acquiring a voter ID card in Delhi
Type of Election Forms Available in Delhi
There are many elections forms listed on the site. Each form is fashioned for different purpose. You need to be careful to get the correct form. The form names and their purposes are given below:
Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll)
Form 7 (Application form for objection/ deletion of a name in electoral roll)
Form 8 (Application form for correction of details given)
Form 8 A (to apply for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll)
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in Delhi
The Chief Electoral Officer of Delhi operates under the complete management and regulation of the Election Commission of India. It keeps a close check on the work involving the nature of elections in the country (Bye-Elections and General Elections). This entails ground work and regular updating of Electoral Rolls, issuance of Voter ID cards to people, rationalizing and restructuring Polling Booths, educating electors, implementing a Model Code of Behaviour, the Election Laws and the other general instructions distributed by the Election Commission.
Are you a school or college student in AP? Then you can click on the website, of delhi election commission to garner more details on how you can apply for voter ID card in the state. Apparently, the process is simpler for students and yes, they would need authorization from their head of institutes.
With application procedure of all national identity cards digitalized, it is much easier and hassle-free to apply for a voter ID card online in Delhi. It will not take much time and you are spared the additional bother of running around in regional electorate office.
Given below are simple steps to apply online:
- First go to the website of Delhi CEO and click on the option E-registration.
- Under E-registration, there are two options, namely, Council Constituency and Assembly Constituency. Select Form 6 from Assembly Constituency.
- Open the Form 6 by clicking on it and the application form opens in front of you, which has to fill in as directed and accurately.
- Once all the details are entered press submit and it will be forwarded to the Delhi Election Commission. You will be sent an application reference number with which you can track the application status from time to time.
- Then a Booth Level Officer will arrive at your place in order to verify every info you have given them before deeming it right that you get your voter ID card.
- In case you need any help regarding this or have a query, please dial the toll free number 1950.
- official voter id application link: http://www.ceodelhi.nic.in/ceodelhi/Default.aspx
How to Apply for Voter ID Card Offline in Delhi
No doubt that our country is going steadily digital, which is user-friendly to the point that people do things like applying for voter ID card in minutes. But not everyone has the access or even basic computer skill to do it. And even if they do, some evidently prefer the slow but ‘reliable’ (in their eyes) method of applying in person. Those people can still apply for a voter ID card offline in Delhi by getting in touch with their nearest electoral office.
Please follow the below steps for the same:
- Secure the application form and other listed forms from your nearest electoral office. Form 6 (Application for inclusion of name in electoral roll), Form 7 (Application form for objection/ deletion of a name in electoral roll), Form 8 (Application form for correction of details given) and Form 8 A (to apply for transposition of an entry in the electoral roll) are the election ID card related forms. As a new applicant you must get Form 6.
- Along with the correct form for application, as in Form 6, you must also submit other necessary KYC documents as your age proof, ID proof and residence proof. You can submit copies of your driving license, passport, Aadhar card, latest utility bill, SSLC Book, Ration Card, rental/ lease agreement or LIC Policy paper among others accordingly.
- Please bear in mind to submit information of your family members who already possess Voter ID cards or if their name is included in the electoral roll. This can certainly help in speeding up the process a bit.
- Go to the closest Electoral Registration Office to give the documents. Upon authorization and verification, the Booth Level officers (BLOs) sent by the ERO will come to your given address to see that all the info given are correct.
- To give a voter ID for all listed voters, regular drives are structured by the Election Commission of India (ECI) at Designated Photographic Locations (DPIs). Such drives are endorsed in every new media from time to time.
apply voter id delhi how to apply for voter id in delhi apply election card delhi apply new voter id delhi enroll your voter id delhi apply voter id form 6 delhi